JOB: Event Marketing Manager, Writer’s Digest and Digital Book World
Do you love books? Are you passionate about publishing?
If so, we just might have a job for you!
F+W Media is a leading enthusiast-based provider of community focused content, commerce, and connectivity. Through the publication of books and magazines, the hosting and management of ecommerce and vertical websites, and the production of in person and online conferences, F+W Media has become a leader in the passion focused markets it serves.
The company is currently searching for a Marketing Manager focusing on the Writer’s Digest and Digital Book World Communities. This position will be responsible for driving attendance and sponsor/exhibitor brand awareness for large and small conference driven events.
- A background in book publishing marketing and experience in the issues surrounding the digital transition.
- Active in utilizing social media applications for conversation marketing.
- Experienced in executing multi-media marketing campaigns.
- Develop key messaging objectives, communication strategies, and overall “theme” for each assigned event, including a positioning statement/message that addresses a market need.
- Develop and maintain budgets and forecasts for assigned expense lines.
- Create and maintain master schedule of all key marketing tasks, activities, and deadlines and be responsible for making sure that deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with Creative Team and Event Manager to establish the. design direction for each event campaign, ensure that consistent design and messaging is carried through each piece, and oversee the production and delivery of all promotional pieces (print and online advertising, direct mail pieces, email promotions, event websites, press releases, television and radio ads, and all other appropriate vehicles.)
- Oversee development and maintenance of assigned event websites.
- Work closely with Sales Team and Event Manager to develop exhibitor marketing plans utilizing telemarketing, email and website tactics.
- Create master schedule of campaign activities, tasks and deadlines to share with sales staff, and adjust dates as necessary throughout the sales cycle.
- Develop tracking mechanism for and track all campaigns, adjusting quantities/campaign dates to attain budget goals as determined by Event Manager.
- Collaborate with Creative Team, Sales Team, and Event Manager to produce and deliver all sales support collateral and messaging, including exhibitor prospectus, direct mail letters, e-mails, etc.
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- 3-5 years + experience in event marketing.
- Good organization and communication skills with particular attention to detail.
- Good skill level in Microsoft Office.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job title Marketing Manager in the subject line of your e-mail.